We are not driven by career ambition in a law factory. Instead, we are fellow human beings in a large mid-size law firm. We want to work together in harmony both with regard to interdisciplinary work in the law firm as well as also working together with our clients. This value expresses itself in very low fluctuation among both our attorneys and our clients.
In addition to handling exciting matters, the extraordinary working environment and the possibility for individual personal development are certainly factors which lead to a high degree of satisfaction among our clients. This is also apparent from the poll in the professional magazine azur in which SOH has already been mentioned the second time as one of the top employers for lawyers in Germany (azur100, 2022).
Don’t get us wrong: We believe in the principle of performance; we accordingly demand a great deal from our employees and also support them. The personality of each employee is important for us. We believe that as business lawyers we are well advised to base our activity not only on commercial data but instead above all have a focus on each the individual in our organization.
The individual is not just represented by an hourly rate and instead works as a partner for the client. A good person gains trust.
Do you also believe this?
THE INITIAL ANSWERS
Absolutely essential (!) prerequisites for a successful application for a position are
- 1st and 2nd State Exams at least with the grade "fully satisfactory", i.e. with honors, as well as
- doctoral thesis or willingness to write a doctoral thesis
We first view the received applications and make an initial selection. The remaining applicants subsequently have two meetings:
The first meeting is with two senior partners
Subject matter of the meeting:
- getting to know each other
- examination of the expectations of the applicant and the expectations of SOH
- special aspects of working at SOH
- compensation, benefits, possible start date
- explanation about the further process
- additional questions by the applicant
- joint business lunch with attorneys from the law firm
- final meeting with a senior partner
We have common rules on part-time work for attorneys. At the present time, six colleagues are benefitting from part-time work.
We additionally develop customized programs for the doctoral thesis: This can involve part-time work or a release from work for a period of time.
- We support the principle of performance. However, it is important for us that there is sufficient time for family, friends and hobbies in addition to our work.
- Part-time or flexible employment: As a general rule, we are open for accommodating individual wishes for work-life balance.
- Remote work: We additionally offer the possibility of working up to six freely scheduled days each month outside the law firm. We are continuously further developing our IT infrastructure with cloud systems and digital files.
- We develop individual solutions as needed, depending on the personal situation.
You have a personal mentor at SOH for your general training and as a personal contact partner. Your mentor determines individually with you which further training makes sense for your professional development:
- Support for courses for specialized attorneys after joining the firm
- If there is an interest in the further development of the career: Support for preparing for the examination as a notary or a tax advisor
- Further continuing education and seminars as individually agreed
We offer multi-day coaching workshops by an experienced expert in the area of acquiring clients and personal business development for associated partners and senior associates.
We place great value on working together in harmony and support this with various measures:
- Regular evening dinners for the attorneys
- Regular lunch for all employees, e.g. partner barbeque party for employees
- SOH spring party
- SOH summer party
- Christmas party
In addition, there are many benefits:
- Job bicycle
- Local public transit ticket (ÖPNV local public transit)
- Weekly SOH fruit basket