As the economic importance of sport has grown, so has its regulation. As a result, the need for legal advice has increased in recent years for sports clubs, companies participating in professional leagues and individual athletes.
This concerns in particular
- contracts with licensed players,
- transfer agreements,
- sponsorship agreements,
- merchandising agreements,
- other contracts for marketing of rights,
- representation in connection with the imposition of sanctions under association law in the event of breaches of the association’s statutes, and
- representation in court and before the associations’ own judicial bodies (e.g., the UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body or the UEFA Appeals Body) as well as before the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Lausanne.
Our advice and representation is not limited to traditional sports law issues, but encompasses all areas related to the organization of professional sports events and the management of sports clubs with professional sports departments.
For example, we advise on
- the rental and leasing of stadiums and other sports facilities,
- stadium regulations and ticket conditions,
- security and catering contracts,
- articles of association and the conduct of general meetings.
Our partner Dr. Stefan Bäune was also a member of the Supervisory Committee of the Deutscher Fußball Bund (DFB) from 2010 until 2019.
- Antitrust Law
- Banking and Finance Law
- Commercial Law and Contracts
- Competition Law
- Conflict Resolution, Litigation and Arbitration
- Corporate Law
- Data Protection Law
- Employment Law
- Environmental Law and Zoning
- Foundations and Business Succession
- Insolvency Law
- IT Law
- Medical Law and Health Care
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Public Commercial Law and Public Contracting
- Public Construction Law
- Real Estate Law
- Trademarks, Designs and Copyright