Private Equity and Venture Capital
German mid-size businesses and the healthcare industry are among the central markets for acquisitions by private equity and for venture capital investors, markets in which we have excellent networking and experience.
We represent our clients in
- structuring succession in connection with private equity investors both on the side of the purchaser as well as the seller and in all aspects of cooperation such as when structuring the purchase contracts or in the case of contracts about a continuing connection to the company, and
- structuring the selling process, including any due diligence examinations and the transaction documentation for the seller.
Our experts also provide services to family offices and private equity investors with regard to
- structuring investment vehicles and with regard to corporate law structures,
- making their investments and financing agreements,
- developing the optimum corporate structure in the case of buy-and-build structures, together with tax advisors,
- financing rounds,
- management incentive programs, as well as
- project agreements with consultants.
Based in the offices of the law firm in Essen, we have access to one of the most active start-up markets and are pleased that SOH is involved in many networking events which characterize this hub.
Our clients we have supported in VC investments include on the investor side
- series investors,
- family offices,
- venture capital funds, as well as
- company builders.
Our experts provide the exact set of components for founders and entrepreneurs in developing the business model using our broad range of practice areas such as employment law, real estate law, competition law and intellectual property law.
Our attorneys are used to providing the appropriate level of detail for the client in the respective phase. In the case of special questions, for example, involving the healthcare industry or energy and topics related to hydrogen, we advise our clients throughout the country and in various regions.
The services offered by our attorneys include
- examining disruptive business models or their conceptualization within the parameters set by law,
- supporting seed financing as well as further financing rounds,
- advice about optimum financing structures in the respective cycle and structuring incentive programs for employees such as virtual participation or option programs,
- supporting investors and founders when structuring the internal relationships in their companies as well as working together with tax advisors for the optimum structuring of participations and the provisions for the exit in the future,
- supporting the due diligence processes at the time of the exit, as well as
- structuring the transaction documents for investors or founders.
As a result of our international networking, we also have experience in coordinating and integrating larger teams from different jurisdictions.
- Antitrust Law
- Banking and Finance Law
- Commercial Law and Contracts
- Competition Law
- Conflict Resolution, Litigation and Arbitration
- Corporate Law
- Data Protection Law
- Employment Law
- Environmental Law and Zoning
- Foundations and Business Succession
- Insolvency Law
- IT Law
- Medical Law and Health Care
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Public Commercial Law and Public Contracting
- Public Construction Law
- Real Estate Law
- Sports Law
- Trademarks, Designs and Copyright