Private Equity and Venture Capital
German mid-sized businesses and the healthcare sector are among the most important acquisition markets for private equity and venture capital investors – markets in which we have very good connections and profound experience.
We represent our clients in
- succession planning in connection with private equity investors, both on the buyer’s and seller’s side, in all areas of cooperation, such as drafting of sale and purchase agreements or agreements on further corporate affiliation, and
- structuring the selling process, including any due diligence and transaction documentation for the seller.
Our experts also advise family offices and private equity investors on
- the structuring of investment vehicles,
- their investments and financing arrangements,
- together with tax advisors, the optimal corporate structure for buy and hold structures,
- financing rounds,
- management incentive programs, and
- project agreements with consultants.
From our office in Essen we have access to one of the most agile start-up markets and are pleased that SOH is involved in the various networking events that characterize this hub.
On the investor side, the clients we advise with their VC investments include
- serial investors,
- family offices,
- venture capital funds, and
For founders and entrepreneurs, our experts provide a tailor-made business model development kit from our other areas of expertise, such as employment, real estate, competition and IP law.
Our lawyers are used to providing the level of detail that is appropriate for the client in the respective phase. In specialist areas, such as healthcare or energy and hydrogen, we advise our clients on a national and supra-regional basis.
The range of services offered by our lawyers includes
- examining disruptive business models or their conception within the legal framework,
- advising on seed financing as well as subsequent financing rounds,
- advising on optimal financing structures in the respective cycle and on the design of incentives for employees, such as virtual share ownership or option programs,
- advising investors and founders on the internal structure of their company and, together with tax advisors, on the optimal structuring of shareholdings and the provisions for their subsequent exit,
- assisting in the due diligence process for exits, and
- drafting transaction documents for investors or founders.
Through our international network, we are also experienced in the coordination and integration of larger cross-jurisdictional teams.
- Antitrust Law
- Banking and Finance Law
- Commercial Law and Contracts
- Competition Law
- Conflict Resolution, Litigation and Arbitration
- Corporate Law
- Data Protection Law
- Employment Law
- Environmental Law and Zoning
- Foundations and Business Succession
- Insolvency Law
- IT Law
- Medical Law and Health Care
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Public Commercial Law and Public Contracting
- Public Construction Law
- Real Estate Law
- Sports Law
- Trademarks, Designs and Copyright